Sunday, August 21, 2005

Blogger Carolyn posts at 7:49 PM CST

Sunday in South Florida

This is Carolyn, along with Grandma, on Sunday evening. We are reading the blog, and viewing the aquarium pics from Okinawa. Very cool. We especially liked the sharks. Grandma decided that it would be no fun to be in the water with all those creatures. It's also fun to read all about Jennell and Josh's adventures on "mainland" Japan.

We have been enjoying Becky's company here for the past week or so, but she is preparing to return to AK for a day or two and then off to Oregon to school. She has been getting her eyebrows waxed and other important activities that MUST be done before one enters their sophmore year of college. I (Carolyn) have spent the weekend helping Daniela prepare for their wedding. Aunt Joanne and I helped make pew bows and other necessary items for the ceremony, which is scheduled for Oct. 22. It is pretty official, since I saw the invitations are already printed, as are the napkins. It's in print, now! It looks like it will be a lovely occasion, complete with all the trappings of a Wellington Club wedding. Today I'm told they chose tuxedos at the mall. I guess I should look for something to wear for myself..... shopping, oh, joy!

Grandma rode shotgun on the COP car Friday night, on the 6-9 pm shift (18:00 - 21:00 to all you military types) with Al Crippen. He's the gentleman who is deaf as a post, but very nice. That is what Grandma says, anyhow. I have never personally heard him say anything! Nothing unusual to report from that guard shift, but all is well in Maralago Cay. (The rabbits are fine...)

Grandma is staying overnight with me tonight. I'll take her home Monday morning. On Tuesday she's scheduled for a chemical stress test, to see if we can determine what is causing some dizziness and breathlessness that is plaguing her. It would be nice to get a handle on why she gets these spells of not feeling well. They come and go at a whim. Right now she feels fine, but she says my house is too cold. So here she sits with a quilt wrapped around her - in South Florida! Imagine!

Joe is on vacation this week. He'll be taking a trip around the house on a ladder. His idea of a good time. I, however, will be slaving at the office over a hot computer. Dani has given him some assignments to keep him busy, like putting together the arch for the wedding. He's thrilled.

Well, enuf of this chattering. I will show Grandma the blog whenever she is here, so she can join in. Have a good week everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home